WE’RE HIRING! Seeking a Program Manager
Want to join Indonesia’s leading art foundation, the team behind the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival, Southeast Asia’s leading literature and art Festival? We are currently recruiting for a Program Manager.
The main focus of this role is to create new exciting collaborations and initiatives for local authors, focusing on translation, publishing, editing and writing programs. Other duties include developing a program and activities for Yayasan Mudra Swari Saraswati, managing the international and national program and writers, liaising between the Foundation and speakers, embassies and other relevant parties. It is based in Ubud and required 20 hours per week office hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Compiling idea and program content from Festival Director.
- Assist in the invitation of selected speakers and develop a cohesive program with the Festival Director.
- Apply for grants with funding bodies, embassies, publishers and more and develop opportunities to collaborate in partner programs to enhance the program and offset costs.
- Assist with Partnership Manager regarding potential partnership and sponsorship.
- Create writers residency and mentorship programs for young Indonesians.
- Following up and maintaining the communication with speakers, embassies, publishers or other relevant parties.
- Coordinating the exchange International programs with other festivals or embassies.
- Work with other festival team members and the Festival Director to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Provide all the program content to the Marketing team for the program book and website, assisting with editing the blurbs, proofreading, and fact checking.
- Liaise with the production team to develop the programs needs and set up the venues (online recording etc).
- Festival Director
- Festival Manager
- Emerging Writers initiative for young Indonesians.
- Programs content for UWRF.
- Anthology Book (Australian Emerging) translated into Bahasa and English (Indonesian Emerging).
- Joint program with WA Writers.
- Writers residency and mentorship program for young Indonesians.
- Regular community programs for Yayasan Mudra Swari Saraswati – Festival hub.
- Experience working in Indonesia or Southeast Asia is desirable, this position is open for WNI and other nationals;
- Have work experience as a project manager, preferably in a literary or arts programming environment;
- Have an interest in contemporary political, literary, publishing, community building, and social issues, both locally and globally;
- Have knowledge of writers’ networks, communities, and publishing houses, locally and internationally;
- Able to attract and communicate professionally with writers, communities, activist, artist, publisher, etc both local or international
- Resourceful, with a positive attitude to problem-solving;
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills and experience in cross-cultural communications;
- Experience working in a non-profit environment highly regarded.
- Able to work with a dynamic team and various projects simultaneously.
Please apply with a CV and a short Cover Letter. Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications open until Friday 19 February, 2021.