Calling all emerging Australasian Writers! Deadline extension for this year’s UWRF-AAWP Emerging Writers Prize.
Are you an emerging writer with a story to tell? At this year’s Ubud Writers & Readers Festival (UWRF) we’re offering a unique opportunity in collaboration with the Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP) .
Enter your short story or poem for the chance to be part of one of Southeast Asia’s most exciting festivals, and build networks and creative opportunities with fellow writers and industry through the AAWP.
The winner will receive a ticket to this year’s Festival, accommodation and $500 towards economy airfares. The winner will also receive a one-year membership to the AAWP and fully-subsidised conference fees to attend the AAWP annual conference, where you’ll be invited to read your work. Your writing will also be considered by Meniscus’ editors for publication.
Sound good? The deadline is June 30 – so get the pen to paper or fingers against the keyboard: we look forward to reading your writing. For those of you who’ve already submitted, thank you and stay tuned for further updates.
How to Enter
Entry is via this link
Please click here for further information: available under News (Opportunities) or Journals (Meniscus)
The entry fee is $20.
Conditions of Entry
- This competition is open to emerging writers across Australasia. Emerging writers will not have a full-length, single-authored, commercially published, print publication in any genre. Emerging writers who have published in electronic format only, or who have published work in collections showcasing multiple authors, are eligible.
- The Prize opens on the 20th January 2016 and closes at midnight on 30th June 2016. Late submissions will not be accepted. The winner will be announced on the UWRF website and the AAWP website no later than 30th August 2016.
- Entries should not exceed 30 lines (poetry) or 3000 words (prose).
- Entries should respond to the UWRF theme. The 2016 theme is ‘Tat Tvam Asi’ which is a Hindu concept meaning ‘I am you, you are me’.
- The entry should be formatted as follows — line spacing: 1.5, font size: 12 point, font: Times New Roman.
- You may enter as many times as you wish. Subsequent entries incur a separate fee.
- Any entries that do not follow the rules will be disqualified. If an entry is disqualified no refund will be given.
- Entries may not be altered after they have been submitted.
- The UWRF/AAWP reserves the right to disqualify any entry that breaches the rules.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence or discussion.
- The award is for unpublished writing, including online publication.