Support the Festival
Private Donor Membership
The Ubud Writers & Readers Festival is committed to building bridges to facilitate exchanges of ideas and literature on a global stage. The way this manifests is broad and far-reaching :
- Indonesian writers are able to network with international writers,
- International writers engage with Indonesian writers and issues in an intimate and inclusive way.
- Young Indonesians are stimulated to develop their passion for literacy,
- Indonesian and international audiences are stimulated and enriched by exposure to diverse and exciting global voices.
- Indonesian writers access high quality workshops to develop their craft.
- International publishers, festival directors, agents and other industry representatives are exposed to Indonesian talent.
- Emerging and established Indonesian writers are published in journals of a high calibre-exposing them to an international audience.
- The Indonesian literary scene is stimulated, developing more projects for writers and collaborations between regions.
To continue with its work the Festival requires financial support. It does not receive any ongoing operational funds from governments or donors. Every year the festival has to seek in-kind support, generate funds and write applications to make it happen.
You, as a Private Donor, can make a difference, and help us to a deliver a festival of quality. Besides taking pride in knowing you have contributed to meaningful outcomes, as well as helped to stimulate the local economy and culture, you can also enjoy the following benefits :
|Private Donor Benefits US$. 1,000|
|4 Day Pass|
|Invitation to Gala Opening|
|Invitation to attend writers’ dinners.|
|Invitation to a Literary Lunch.|
|Recognition on our website.|
|UWRF Merchandise Pack|
Literature is about bridging the gap and breaking down the barriers of cultural misunderstanding. It is also about celebrating ethnic diversity and is more important than ever in these difficult times. The significance in supporting the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival as a Private Donor will have far-reaching, long term positive benefits that will only strengthen east-west relationships in years to come. Your support will make a difference to the lives of creative Indonesians and world guests, and the literary cultures of these places.
For more information, please contact Roberto Aria Putra