AAWP x UWRF17 Emerging Writers Prize Open Now
Are you an emerging writer based in Australasia? Would you like to travel to the UWRF17 for a once-in-a-lifetime literary experience, plus have the opportunity to see your work published in Meniscus magazine?
In partnership with the Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP), we are proud to announce the return of the AAWP x UWRF17 Emerging Writers’ Prize. Enter your short story or poem based on this year’s UWRF theme, ‘Origins’, and take advantage of this generous opportunity.
The winner of the 2017 prize will receive a ticket to Ubud Writers & Readers Festival (UWRF), accommodation for the duration of the festival and $500 towards economy airfares. In addition, you will receive a one-year annual membership to the Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP) and fully subsidised conference fees to attend their annual conference, where you will be invited to read from your work. In addition, the editors at Meniscus will consider your work for publication.
Sound good? Browse the ins-and-outs below and get writing!
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- This competition is open to emerging writers across Australasia. Emerging writers will not have a full-length, single-authored, commercially published, print publication in any genre. Emerging writers who have published in electronic format only, or who have published work in collections showcasing multiple authors, are eligible.
- The Prize opens on the 15 February 2017 and closes at midnight on 30th June 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted. The winner will be announced on the UWRF website and the AAWP website no later than 30th August 2017.
- Entries should not exceed 30 lines (poetry) or 3000 words (prose).
- Entries should respond to the UWRF theme. The 2017 theme is ‘Origins’.
- The entry should be formatted as follows — line spacing: 1.5, font size: 12 point, font: Times New Roman.
- You may enter as many times as you wish. Subsequent entries incur a separate fee.
- Any entries that do not follow the rules will be disqualified. If an entry is disqualified no refund will be given.
- Entries may not be altered after they have been submitted.
- The UWRF/AAWP reserves the right to disqualify any entry that breaches the rules.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence or discussion.
- The award is for unpublished writing, including online publication.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry is via: https://meniscusliteraryjournal.submittable.com/submit/58621
Please go to the aawp.org.au for further information: available under News (Opportunities) or Journals (Meniscus).
The entry fee is $20.